© 2020 SHERRY TALBOT PHOTOGRAPHY - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
PHONE - 214-458-5416 EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the texts, Jesus and his disciples came to the site in this garden "beyond the Kidron (cedron) brook", and Jesus prayed alone. Judas (Judah) knew this hiding place from previous times, and gave its position to the Romans. Jesus was apprehended at night (as per John), and led to a Jail within the city.
In the ceiling are 12 capes, each dedicated to one of the nations that contributed to its construction. Their seals are located on the corners of the capes.
During 1919-1924 the Franciscans order built the Catholic church over the ruins of the Crusaders church. It was designed by the Italian famous church architect, Antonio Barluzzi, who also designed the baslica of Beatitudes and the closer Dominus Flevit. The modern church was based on the Crusaders church, and some of its remains were embedded into the modern basilica. The church was constructed with worldwide donations, and therefore one of its names is "the church of all nations".